I went to stay with my sister in Nottingham at the weekend. I can officially confirm that university life is indeed better than pre-university, college crap. So I am sat here now writing this blog, eating scrummy banana cake and drinking a cuppa, considering my options for the future. As from this morning, I have discovered that all 5 of my universities actually want me! 5 offers! 100% rate of acceptance – not bad considering they say pharmacy is a competitive one, hey? But if you thought that getting those offers, with the strenuous interview process, was the hard bit you would be seriously wrong. It may be a blessing that all these universities want me but now WHERE THE HELL DO I PICK?! Here’s the lowdown:
PORSTMOUTH: It’s by the sea which is very pretty and lovely (perhaps a slight distraction?) and the night life looks pretty noice.
BRIGHTON: Also by the sea and has an amazing name for itself in the night time situation apparently!
READING: Not really a consideration! Faaaar too close to home and it looks like a dump to be brutally honest. I really could not see myself living in that place for 4 years – I would rather not go to university than go here. THAT’S RIGHT, I went there!
BATH: Apparently the best in England for my course. Really it’s joint but whatever, let’s just keep them happy! It’s the most beautiful city, amazing course but… the night life is faaar from brilliant. Apparently it’s good for pubs. Yay. If I want to go to a decent nightclub I will have to travel 20 minutes to Bristol! I can get to an OK nightclub at home and I live in Basingstoke, the land of shit clubs!!
NOTTINGHAM: Aaah, Nottingham. I have had a soft spot for this city since my sister went and I visited her. Probably because I met a couple of fit people and got horrifically drunk but still, the wonderful memories put it in a class of its own! The nightlife is epic (from experience) and the city itself isn’t bad. CUTEST tea shop ever called Lee Rosy’s. GO there if you ever have the chance – it’s by Vodka Revolutions!! Obviously my choice wouln’t be based on that – the course equals Bath and my sister is up there… I guess I should go and try out a new city rather than following in her shadow like usual. And it is really a trek away from home…
SEE MY DILEMMA?! It’s probably quite obvious that it’s between Bath or Nottingham really. Both want AAB. Fack it. Here I am, sat writing the most pointless and, probably for you, uninteresting blog when I have a pile of coursework to do to get INTO these places. I am also planning on going out tonight for drinky good times. Sooo, guess who needs to get her priorities right and sort out her life? That’s right. So must be off – tataaaa.
And wish me luck with my decision making. I feel this is best done after a couple of glasses of rose wine? Yes!
BRH
<3
Wednesday, 10 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment