I had the moment yesterday. You know the one, well if you’re a chubby girl who used to be thin anyway you will. You look in the mirror whilst in your room getting changed, mine incidentally was in the evening when the lighting and my clothing wasn’t particularly special, and recoil with the horror of what you see. You just think – I look like a hideous whale!! Ok, ok I know that I am not fat, at all – more of a general chubbster. But I have had a flat stomach for years, one which my friends have envied on beach days, and I could eat whatever I wanted. Oh, hello slowing metabolism! Now, all my food has gone to my stomach and thighs. I think the most annoying part is that the weight is heading straight to my best part of my body (stomach) and my worst (thighs), therefore deteriorating my looks even further. It’s not like it’s even going in a useful place – if it all went on my chest I would NOT be complaining that’s for sure!!
But anyway, back to my story of today. I had ‘the moment’ and told my friends who had just come out the gym. One stuck his hand to my stomach, ‘wobbled’ it around slightly and told me to get my fat arse to the gym and the other told me in a somewhat nicer way to book an induction, saying she would come with me. Unfortunately I am now in a situation where my stupid ‘moment’ has got me a gym induction and a ticket to exercise HELL. The gym at my college is full of muscley men who are too busy looking at themselves in the mirrors whilst on the weights machine to do much else. But I am pretty sure they would be torn away from their vanity, just to point and laugh at the chubby gym virgin who is bright red, sweating like a pig and doing everything wrong. My self confidence shall take a battering unless I take a friendly face!! I should do what my other friend does and go to the women only gym in town, although I’m pretty sure they have equivalent muscley, vain women to laugh at my misfortune. Also this gym is free, so at least I won’t be paying for the next couple of months to endure this torture.
I just need to stop and think about my ‘moment’. I should do something about my eating habits and my lack of exercise. So this is what I shall do... with a little push from my friends maybe? Wish me luck on my supposed health drive!
BRH
<3
Thursday, 18 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment