Friday, 16 April 2010

Politics and University

I have been trying my hardest to get into politics recently, I really have. The general election is on 6th May 2010 and it is my first time being able to vote, having turned 18 last September! This should excite me, I know, but politics is such a drag! The live debate I attempted to watch didn’t absolve my attention as much as facebook. I am such an irresponsible adult. I think that I rather like the Lib Dems policies – my Dad is absolutely dead set against them (well, against all parties actually, the grumpy old man) because of their immigration system. I personally think this is put well and has the potential to resolve some issues with the proportion of immigrant’s living in certain areas. For example – Leicester is now apparently the first British city where a white, British citizen is in the minority. With work permits that do not allow immigrants to live there, it would mean that other predominately white areas of the country could get a boost in numbers (increasing the economy of the area perhaps) and also would retain, or at least not increase, the immigrant numbers where they are very common. It seems like a perfectly fair and understandable policy (also used in other countries and is proved to work!). Don’t take me for being racist by any means, I am going to Nottingham and study Pharmacy. I don’t think that doing either of these things you could have racist thoughts, do you? But anyway, at the moment I think that I shall vote Lib Dem. My only problem is that it feels like a slightly wasted vote, if my area is so Tory. I know, I know! If everyone thought like me then the Torys would never be torn from Basingstoke power and Lib Dems would never have a chance.

Hmph.

Oh, I decided on a University (as previously mentioned) – Nottingham as a firm choice and Portsmouth as an insurance. I’m not going to lie, I desperately am hoping that I get my grades as I didn’t like Portsmouth HALF as much as Nottingham! I chose Nottingham for so many reasons though. It’s one of the best for Pharmacy in the UK, AAB is a reachable grade target to aim for (I hope!), I can live on a beautiful campus where they can cater for me (no cooking for the first year, nomnom) and the course itself is massively prestigious! Even though it is ages away from home I feel that this isn’t such a bad point! Absolute independence here I come! Ok, so not absolute as I shall be ‘following’ my sister up there. I am worried from what a dick said once about me “always fucking copying her”. I feel that people may judge me for doing this. I mean, I went to all the same learning institutions, studying almost the same things as her and now going to Notts and studying a similar subject. Her life = better version of mine. I shouldn’t really say that. Oh well :\
Only problem is with the whole ‘AH uni is so close’ thing, is that exams are closer. AHHH. Revision hasn’t quite started yet. FML. Less than 6 weeks till my first exam. OK PANIC PANIC PANIC. So guess what I am up to today? Panicking and ‘revising’. It is a definate fact that I shall be blogging (probably about my stress and pure hatred for bio/chemi/anc history) more during exam time - got to love procrastination! Sigh. Immense dislike for the next couple of months of my life.


BRH
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment