I was watching the small children of Brighton Hill Community College saunter in with attitude through the gates today from my usual 8.20am bus and wondered whether it was just the new generation, or whether we were like that? Where have the normal children gone?! From what I saw, the school uniform has been replaced with leather jacket, tight skirts, large handbags, staggeringly high heels and blackberry phones! I mean, come on. When I was at school I didn’t even know what jimmy choos were, never mind wearing them to my 9am science lesson! Ok, so I may be exaggerating a smidge, but my point is that I don’t remember anyone when I was my age being so provocative. Perhaps I have this opinion because I am secretly jealous that pre-teens are able to dress themselves better than my adult self. I think so.
On a lighter note, I went round my friend’s house the other day and was absolutely astounded by it. It was a typical Victorian looking terrace house from the outside but it was actually like the Tardis, I’m not joking! When I went in I was shocked by how many rooms there were and how large they were! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to cause offense because I love it - it was how I hope my house to look when I can afford one; wooden flooring with quirky ornaments and candles on shelves, with a homely and charming feel about the place. It was the type of house that had that one squeaky stair and that sneaky hole in the floor no one had got round to fixing yet, and yet it had so much character that it completely charmed me! A lonely difference I would have is floral wallpaper. Everywhere! I wish that I had creative interior designing skills – I could then manage, perhaps, to get round to changing my room into a young adults space! My mum did my room for me that I have at the moment – it’s blue on bottom, wavy white line and then purple on top. I do like it, but I feel that I have out grown it. Either that or I’m bored and fancy some patterns to brighten it up! I’d like some floral wallpaper ever so much...
Blogging really is something that is pointless – as my mum pointed out the other day whilst researching chickens for a lesson plan (she is training to be a primary school teacher) and found a blog absolutely devoted to the birds. But I really find it fun. I haven’t worked out the reasons for this yet – I’m not like my other friend, who treats her blog like an online diary where she writes her innermost feelings and secrets but won’t tell anyone the url. I just write about everyday, mundane things really! I mean, sexualised school girls, quirky Victorian houses, interior designing and a moan about my bedroom is hardly the most exciting read in the world is it? I just like the feeling of writing and not knowing if anyone else is reading or not – it’s an exciting thought that someone may actually be reading this! It’s like being a published, anonymous writer almost! I did get into fanfiction last year as an outlet for my writing but I think I prefer this. I left one of my stories half finished much to my awaiting followers disgrace I’m sure, but I have completely run dry of fun and light hearted ideas for a game of truth and dare... So this is my new writing thing! Helps me to acknowledge I can still write in full sentences for one – science steals this from me!
Anywho, better be off to do some light work. Nothing strenuous, don’t you worry!
BRH <3
Monday, 26 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment