I read an exquisite, beautiful piece of writing today. It was written as a GCSE coursework piece by a 16 year old, but she is absolutely stunning in her ideas and the way she portrays it onto the paper.
The story was about “The Pursuit” and this girl chose the pursuit of peace and final acceptance of a cancer patient in death. Ok, I cried buckets reading this but you’d have to be soulless not to.
It did make me think. If I died tomorrow, or even within the next month, what have I done with my life yet? I haven’t done half the things I want to, visit the places in the world I’d give a kidney to see or wasted my money on frivolous pleasures available to me just because I wanted to.
Some say that the attitude of ‘live every day like it’s your last’ is irresponsible, not planning for the long term, but I think there is something in it. What if you don’t have a long term? What if God has other plans for you? Your life spent on this planet wouldn’t have been half as exciting as it would have been if you’d spent that extra money or been that little more adventurous.
I’m really not one to talk – I am the most uninspired, tight and boring person when it comes to things like this. I am saving for my future like a good girl and trying not to blow it on little things to make me happy for a few moments, shallow things that only I would enjoy – a cheeky chocolate bar, those shoes you’ve been umming and ahhing over for weeks.
Well, epiphany moment of the week.
In summer I am going to make the most of every moment I can.
I am going to attempt not to be boring and just milk the beautiful and amazing moments that will come my way (even if it does involve spending a bit of money – in the long run, it might well be worth it).
How do you know, unless you try it?
Hmm.
I am feeling rather philosophical.
I just hope I’m not writing this for the sake of it and don’t make the changes I say!
BRH <3
P.S. I apologise to my blog page who has been left lonely for a while. I said I wouldn't let tumblr take over... but I have recently! http://wwww.challett.tumblr.com
It's far too addictive for it's own good!!
Monday, 21 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment