Well, more like who I’ve been hates who I am really. I miss those carefree summer days where you could wear shorts, shirts and dresses and bare your legs without a thought. I was never once worried about how fat my legs were in comparison to my best friends or that I may have a tiny muffin top over a pair of shorts, but now? Oh boy, I have mutated into that hideous calorie counting girl I have always hated.
How did this happen?! I used to despise those girls who checked how many calories a glass of water was - I thought they did it for attention just to highlight the fact that they were the skinniest thing you have ever seen in your life. But now I am doing it without a second thought – my boyfriend hands me a cookie and my first thought? HOW MANY CALORIES? It’s not like it even matters, I know I am not fat – if I put a picture of myself online I think that I would get hate mail for just writing this. I just am striving to be healthier however I feel that joining the college gym has not helped me with my body image. I go to the gym a fair few times a week but have not lost weight, if anything gained, but yet it hasn’t once crossed my mind that perhaps I’m not
meant to be skinnier – that I would look strange with a chopping board flat stomach and without my hamster style chubbster cheeks. I hope that during summer, without my added stresses of exams etc, that I will be able to relax and actually get used to the person that I have become and not struggle to change everything about myself. I would like some self acceptance.
Also in my updates is another strange crush of mine. You ready? Jake Gyllenhaal, in the Prince of Persia. I am fully aware that Jake Gyllenhaal is a normal crush to have but I doubt that many other girls fancies him in Persian robes with vaguely long and unkept hair and a face full of stubble. Corrrr, come on though, how are you not attracted to this:
He’s bloody gorgeous. I had to close my mouth from gawping whilst watching him free running and being all
muscley in the cinema with my boyfriendn (just look at those arms). To be fair, look at the actress – she’s gorgeous too so I think we were both too preoccupied with the screen to notice each other being preoccupied with the screen!
The film itself is so much like Aladdin it’s unreal!
The Nizam evil guy is totally Jafar:
Prince Dastan is Aladdin with his free running skills and cheeky nature. I half expected the song ‘One Jump Ahead’ to start playing during some scenes!
“This is no ordinary lamp” is translated to “This is no ordinary dagger!”
In all seriousness, go and see the film. It is indescribably good (in my opinion) however I may have just ruined it slightly for you by the comparison to Aladdin… you’ll see what I mean!
Anyway, back to revision!
BRH <3
No comments:
Post a Comment